ENHANCING YOUR CAREER IN ORGANIC & REGENERATIVE FARMING
ORICoop is excited to be working with pioneer producers, and best practice educators to develop advanced skills required on organic, biodynamic and regenerative farms around Australia, to provide land for best practice research, and enable tailored pathways for the next generation of organic & biodynamic producers to thrive.
Current Work Opportunities on Organic and Biodynamic Farms
If you are interested in work opportunities experience on organic, biodynamic or regenerative farms around Australia, you can register your interest HERE below. We encourage you to become an ORICoop member and connect directly with organic farmers in your region.
YOU are the future of the organic & biodynamic farming industry, and it’s capacity to grow more food! We are keen to assist the next generation in gaining experience, knowledge, mentorship and a clear pathway to becoming a successful organic or biodynamic farmer!
Potential Organic Farm or Land Management Opportunities on existing organic farms include:-
- Established organic cropping enterprise (Riverina)
- Dairy 2IC SW Victoria
- Dairy Manager NE Victoria
- Farm Manager in WA (Cropping and horticulture)
- Horticulture Manager (Victoria)
For interested applicants we encourage you to gain as much experience you can in farming and business, whether through volunteering, getting to know your local farmers, or completing extension courses in your spare time. We strongly support the National Organic Standards and enabling more practical on-farm learning opportunities. We are an organisation that believes in a fair day’s work = a fair day’s pay. We expect farms to adhere to the fair and ethical treatment and payment of all farm workers, staff and partners. All applicants need to be permitted to work in Australia and in the region of the farm.
If you are an existing organic farm owner or manager – and looking for your next generation farmer or have an opportunity for work experience then let us know so we can help you find the right person! You can promote via our Organic Classifieds or the next Biological Journal. We have a growing network of keen producers Australia wide. You can send us details of your farm opportunity HERE.
Organic and Regenerative Agriculture Career Pathways
So you are interested in a long term career in Regenerative Agriculture? You are keen to work hard, and learn about growing food? Or you have already been working in Agriculture and interested to transition to organic and regenerative farming systems? You are in the right place!
The future for organic, biodynamic and regenerative farming across Australia is bright. The demand for more organic produce is at an unprecedented level. For anyone pursuing a career in Organic and Regenerative Agriculture – we have included some places to start to expand your farming journey into Organic and Regenerative Agriculture. The critical piece for the organic industry to grow – is for the ‘best in class’ next generation of experienced farm managers and businesses to step forward, gain the necessary experience and expertise, enable affordable access to farmland and learn from those highly experienced and successful in organic and biodynamic farming systems.
- Regen Farming – see the latest listings for regenerative farms across the world
- Cultivate Farms – register your interest in a farm ownership pathway
- Farmer Incubator – Read about their farm incubator HERE
- Register for the Harvest Trail – see the latest work opportunities
- WWOOF (organic farm work or volunteer experience)
- AgDraft (short term work placements)
- National Agri Solutions – register your interest in work placements
- 3000 Acres – Read about them HERE
ORICoop has ongoing enquiries from existing farmers and potential managers that are interested to connect. Join ORICoop today and be part of a wide network of organic producers across Australia all seeking to build resilient businesses. You can register your details for work opportunities with ORICoop producers HERE. Consider joining the Organic & Biodynamic Farmer’s Group via facebook and connect with 1000’s of farmers Australia wide interested to grow, expand and diversify their agricultural business.
Organic & Regenerative Best Practice Pathways
ORICoop is passionate in enabling producers to collaborate and share their organic and regenerative best practice knowledge to see more land farmed in a more regenerative manner, more resilient businesses and more efficient supply chains.
We have strong partnerships with organic best practice educators around Australia and aligned organisations building resilience in our united mission of more land, better equipped farmers, resilient businesses and healthier food, with less planetary impact. We are keen to see more farm network opportunities around organic best practice, more short courses that enable farmers to tap into the valuable resources of experienced organic farmers, and best practice advisory providers. This enables farmers to increase their understanding of the value of healthy soils, increasing soil carbon, regenerative agriculture practices, protecting of natural ecosystems, strengthening localised food systems, and post farm gate market development.
If you are interested to host an organic or biodynamic farm conversation – you can register your interest HERE
Educators in Organic and Regenerative Agriculture include:
* Certificate in Agriculture (Bendigo TAFE) – offers flexible remote learning that integrates organic, regenerative agriculture
* National Environment Centre – offering courses in Agroecology, Organic Farming, and Permaculture online and via distance education
* Southern Cross University – offers a Bachelor of Science, with a Regenerative Agriculture major (released 2020)
* Center for Organic Research – ongoing education and research into regenerative farming systems in Australia
* Regenerative Education – practical educational opportunities in Sustainable Agriculture in Australia and beyond
* The Business of Permaculture – Completed a permaculture course, and bursting with ideas and enthusiasm? Perhaps with limited practical knowledge of what is required to run a successful farm? This course has been developed for those interested in beginning a career in Organic Farming. This short course is focussed entirely on the business aspect of farming, as this is where many farms fail. Sheia shares her personal insights, mistakes & experiences as first generation organic farmers from the Northern Rivers.
Further Education Opportunities:
- Biodynamic Agriculture Australia – ‘where do I start with biodynamics’
- Wollongbar TAFE – offering accredited TAFE course in organic farming
- William Angliss – food and agriculture, and how to achieve best of both worlds
- Milkwood – latest in permaculture and homesteading education
- Landcare programs – see your local region
- Online Modules in Organic farming systems (US based)